IT AINT EASY~ but may be LIFECHANGING
- For a Hairdresser to move salons, it's quite a big decision right? First, you must ask yourself, What do I want out of this. There is a lot on the table that has to be weighed.
- Can you still use the haircolor and products that you believe in? That's a deal breaker for me.
- What is your Mission and Vision? Can it be supported here?
- Is it convenient for your clients? ie: location, parking, hours
- Do you have a team to support you?
It's different for each hair dresser. You must know what it is that helps you perform your best work possible. It's all about your guest's experience, from the front door greeting to each space you carry your client through.
I expect the highest level of professionalism, the best in eco-conscious products to support my vision of creating beauty sustainably. If you know what you want, that will help you to determine where to go or if you should stay.
Don't just leave to leave. Leave if your heart leads you to make a change to take a step forward toward your career goals.
If you make the decision to go, you will most likely NOT be supported by your current salon. That's just the biz.
Do your homework, because there's no telling what kind of "mistakes" were made on your client profiles in your computer bookings. From my experience, anything can happen. No one will care about your client files like you do, so make sure and get them. Double Check everything before you go.
Sometimes you leave a salon for personal reasons. Sometimes for Professional. Whatever it may be, Go "all in" when you seek out your goals for your future, with the best intentions in mind for your guests.
It's not easy, it can be scary, but it also can change everything. If your clients have faith in you, they will follow your decisions. Move on, Carry on, Be the best you can be. And, leave the past place as a stepping stone on your journey.